Sunday, January 3, 2010

Big Day!

Jocelyn is looking really good this AM. We just went to feed her and learned her billi levels are down so hopefully she will come off the lights today. She is almost off of IV fluids. She is continuing to eat well. Hopefully after the Dr. looks at her today they will take the lights and discontinue IV. That's what I would do if I were the Dr....but they don't really ask me. The nurses have commented how strong her muscle tone is. She has a strong sucking reflex and squirms all over her little crib. Downs babies can really struggle with poor muscle tone and Jocelyn isn't showing signs of this. Jocelyn has very sensitive skin but the overnight nurse took really good care of her and put some vaseline on her face and her skin looks much better. All the tubes and stickers are off of her face which is so nice to see.


Chris and I are doing well. We have gotten caught up on a bit of sleep. We clocked our walk yesterday that we take to go see Jocelyn. We figure it's about half mile round trip. I can't believe I am making this walk a few times each day. I think my body knows that it needs to do this right now! I feel pretty good doing this walk. There is no way I could have done this after having Abby. Probably because I had such a good Dr. delivering her:)

I hope today is as good as I think it could be:) Maybe we'll get home in the next couple of days!!!

xoxo,
Becca and Chris

3 comments:

Amy said...

That is wonderful. We will be praying that all goes well today and that she can get off fluids and out of the lights. :o) Take care of yourself Becca - Don't over due it. You will be so busy once you get home - save your strength. Easier said then done - I know.

Much Love

Unknown said...

Yeah, thats wonderful news. Thanks for the update. Becca, I think the SD marathon is calling your name!

love mimi

Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful little girl. I hope I get to see her when I am in San Diego. Childrens is the best. I spent a lot of time there. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. Love to all, Kathleen (Amy's mom)