Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My own Story...


(check me out sitting up at 6mos old. This was two days ago. You should see me sitting today!)
There is a book that sits underneath our coffee table titled, "Babies with Down Syndrome", occassionally I will pull it out and begin to read. It makes me scared, sad and anxious. It tells me what I can expect of my sweet Jocelyn Rose. There is another book that it still packed away in Abby's baby things titled, "What to Expect during the First Year". I never pulled this book out because.....well I knew Jocelyn wouldn't meet milestones like a typical child and that makes me scared, sad and anxious. My sweet Jocelyn Rose is writing her own story and it's a very, very happy one:) This little girl is full of life and happiness and oh so very strong!

I think I would title this chapter: Sister LOVE!

It seems like I am constantly telling Abby to be gentle with her sister. Lately I've decided to stand back and watch these two play a bit more. Jocelyn is bigger and can take a little more "love". Jocelyn LOVES when Abby rough houses with her. The other night Jocelyn was cracking up as Abby did- "how big is Jocelyn?" (raise her hands in the air) "So big".


It's so much fun seeing them play together:)

3 comments:

Kristin said...

you are awesome!

The Kelley Family said...

I LOVE this blog!!!!!

Denise said...

It was so great meeting you guys yesterday!! Your girls are both beautiful and I look forward to reading more about your family. And thanks for checking out my blog as well. I hope you can make some great connections from it just as I have. Hope to see you again soon!!