Sunday, January 1, 2012

It’s a New Year and Jocelyn is 2!

 

December2011 465

Two years ago Chris and I peered out a window at Children’s Hospital and saw a glorious sunrise.  I like to think of it as the day Jocelyn was born.  It felt like a fresh start.  An opportunity to have a fresh outlook on our life raising a daughter who had down syndrome.  January 1st will always be a little more meaningful in our house…

I wish I had known then what I know now, but I did not.  I regret feelings I had, but they got us to where we are today.  We are doing it, we are raising a little girl who is just like her older sister in so many ways. I often say, “Jocelyn is a lot of work”, but she is so worth it.  There is no way to describe what she has brought to our family. She is a miracle:) 

I love being able to share through this blog how much joy Jocelyn brings to our family and so many others.  It is my hope that through this blog I am helping to make the future brighter for Jocelyn and her friends.

We celebrated her birthday (December 28th) doing exactly what she loves most.  She loves the beach, she loves dogs, she loves cupcakes, she loves balloons, and she loves her family.  Doggy Beach in Del Mar seemed like the perfect fit for her 2nd Birthday….

December2011 466 December2011 467  December2011 498 December2011 518 December2011 522 December2011 655 December2011 528 December2011 532 December2011 543 December2011 551 December2011 598 December2011 619 December2011 632 December2011 635 December2011 662 December2011 664

(telling Tanner secrets)

December2011 481

Happy New Year from Jocelyn Rose!!!!!

PS- She told me this morning that it’s going to be a really good year!

4 comments:

Nataliefalls.com said...

Oh she melts my heart! I love the video and all the fun pics of her special day. Her life has blessed me so much, I am so thankful for her.
You are the perfect family for her!

Anonymous said...

What a fun day! What an amazing little girl! xo Mimi

Fay said...

She is such a beautiful little girl! She is so special. I have loved watching her grow since I met her at 6 months! You are doing a wonderful job with those girls :)

Happy Birthday Jocelyn!!

BaPooh said...

It's the middle of January, but it is never too late to say Happy NYBD (NewYearBirthDay) to the sweetest little girl in the world, Jocelyn Rose. BaPooh