Thursday, November 17, 2011

She’s amazing…

I’ve said before that this little girl is writing her own story.  She wrote another amazing chapter today.  She gave everyone who loves her incredible news.  Her mama can say that it was the best news she has ever gotten in her whole life.

The holes in her heart that weren’t supposed to close, CLOSED.  GONE.  One teeny hole remains.  It may close too, but the cardiologist wasn’t worried about it at all.  No surgery needed for this strong little girl.  They will see her when she is 4! Jocelyn is AMAZING!

And there was more good news.  Her hearing….PERFECT! 

If you aren’t smiling big enough already, I have a funny little story to tell you.  Jocelyn had to be sedated for her procedures today (no fun).  She had been given the full amount of sedation possible and was still awake.  Each time she felt someone prodding her she sat up and said, “hi” to them. It was a very drunk, “hi”. It was like she was telling them, I know you are there and don’t do anything I wont like.  It took a team effort to get her to finally relax and go to sleep.  By team, I mostly mean Chris sitting in a very, uncomfortable position on a hospital bed for 2 hours holding Jocelyn though it all. 

I have no words to describe what I am feeling now, no words are  strong enough….

I do know that we are thankful to have this little girl in our life and thankful for all the family and friends who continue to support us on this journey.  Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers today.  I can say for certain, they worked:)

happy news

Jocelyn’s happy about the good news too!  After so much good news, we definitely had to celebrate, so we headed to Point Loma Seafood:)

5 comments:

BaPooh said...

Let's hear it for a happy, healthy heart and all our love to fill it! And let's hear it for Point Loma Seafood, a place just made even more special as a memory. BaPooh

Fay said...

YAY! Becca I am so happy for this awesome news! Your girl is strong :) So many wonderful things to celebrate! God is good!

Nataliefalls.com said...

oh I've been praying! I'm so excited for you :) Her life is amazing, I feel so blessed to be a part of it.

Carla Marasco said...

YAY!!!!

Amy said...

I always knew prayers would be answered. I always new miracles would happen. She is an amazing little girl ! So so happy for you! Love you all